Get inspired and be “prepared, prepared, prepared!”
- Put some humor in a one-page cover letter, highlighting your skills and accomplishments.
Miss-spelled words are a turn off.
- Don’t wear a tie and pantsuit…especially not together!
- Prepare, prepare, prepare!
- Go into the interview process nderstanding the company and the culture – it shows you are really interested in the job and the company. Thoroughly check out the website up and down, read bios of who you will be interviewing with. Come with Q’s and a key point or compliment you noticed!
- If you’ve made it to the interview in person – you’ve already pre-detemined by your resume and skill-set as a legit candidate! Usually the initial phone interview is the real interview. They liked you’re resume and cover letter, they liked you on the phone, now in-person they are just seeing if you and your personality is a good fit for the position and the company.
- Be ready to sell yourself – don’t rely on the resume to do the selling for you – prepare a 30 second elevator pitch on why they should hire you.